Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Make the Romance Game Fun!



Hi there!

The romance game should be fun. Particularly if you're over 30. It's even better as you get older. Or, as I said, it should be. If you expect each man or woman that you meet and then date to be THE ONE, you'll have a miserable time. I do not believe that there is a perfect mate to be found. Maybe an almost perfect one, but not the only soul mate for you. However, if you look for someone who shares many of your passions and lives a comparable life style, there should be a chance for success and happiness.

In order for the game to be a pleasure instead of a pain, you must start out by being happy the way you are now. I've learned to appreciate the little things such as having a rough road I drive on finally repaved. Finding a really ripe melon in the store. Catching the ringing phone before the person hangs up. Little stuff such as that.

Then when I would meet and date a man (before I met Harry whose cartoons give you a chuckle on each post) I was always pleased when he would assume I enjoyed a good restaurant or who would compliment me on my outfit or just give me a quick hug in the joy of greeting. I, in turn, would always compliment him on something - how nice he looked, what fun I was having, or how thoughtful he was. Make him happy, too. Always try to make the relationship positive even if you are not totally enchanted with your current date. It's good practice for that special relationship yet to come.

Well, that's it for now. Much more to come. Practice appreciating at least one thing each day.
I apreciate all your comments.

Gloria

No comments: